Wow! The semester has gone by so fast! We are already halfway through the year and it seems like yesterday we just went to camp! There has been so much the Lord has done throughout the past couple of months.
Praise God for:
- We had a couple of new leaders within the past couple of months. This is a huge blessing because there is always a huge need for leaders to invest in kids.
- New kids- we have an abundant amount of freshman leaders are working with. Our club has been averaging to about 50 students; I would say at least 25 of those are freshman.
- New freshman group- I have met a group of new freshman that I will be taking to camp this summer! I am excited about this because I love to be able to witness the experience that kids get when going to camp. It is literally bringing kids to the feet of Jesus.
- My senior girls- It has been a huge blessing to work with these girls the past couple of years. I was thinking about how much they have grown and it has been awesome to see the fruit of my labor. “You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.” - Psalm 128:22
- GROWTH- there has been so much growth within myself throughout the semester. It has been really neat to see the Lord work on my heart and continually prune it for His glory.
Please continue to pray for the hearts of the kids that their hearts will be softened to hear His Word. Also, please pray for our leaders, that they can get rest during the winter break. That they can be replenished by the Lord.
If you can also pray for myself, that I can rest as well and be replenished by the Lord. I feel like this upcoming semester is going to a transition for me. I feel like I am currently having a summer in my heart, that God has been so faithful and blessing me with so many things. However, this is the first time that I understand that during a summer season in your heart, it is the least growth in your heart. That you have a heart of thanksgiving and praise but as far as pruning your heart, it is not as much growth as if you were in a winter in your heart of a season of God pruning your character.
“We, however, will not boast beyond proper limits, but will confine our boasting to the field God has assigned to us, a field that reaches even to you. 14 We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel of Christ. 15 Neither do we go beyond our limits by boasting of work done by others. Our hope is that, as your faith continues to grow, our area of activity among you will greatly expand, 16 so that we can preach the gospel in the regions beyond you. For we do not want to boast about work already done in another man’s territory. 17 But, “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.” 18 For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.”
- 2 Corinthians 10:13-18
Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support! I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!